Three Springs Borough, with a population of 445, is in southern Huntingdon County, sitting at the base of the south end of Jacks Mountain.
Spring Creek and North Spring Branch flow through the borough, joining just southeast of the borough limits to form Three Springs Creek, an east-flowing tributary of Aughwick Creek and part of the Juniata River watershed. Sinking Run, another tributary of Three Springs Creek, flows through the eastern part of the borough.
The narrow-gauge East Broad Top Railroad was constructed through the community in 1874. A small yard and station were located here, and a tank farm and scrap yard were serviced. The tracks have been out of service since 1956 but are still in place and owned by the railroad.